Mount Barker Local Services
Mount Barker ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Mount Barker site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Mount Barker Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Mount Barker When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Mount Barker Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Mount Barker Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Mount Barker ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Mount Barker and a Place to Meet
The mountbarker.sa.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Mount Barker
Interesting Facts about Mount Barker, South Australia
- Mount Barker is situated in the Adelaide Hills region, approximately 33 km southeast of Adelaide, the capital city of South Australia.
- The town was named after Captain Collet Barker, a British army officer who was killed in 1831 by Aboriginal people near the mouth of the Murray River.
- Mount Barker is known for its cool climate, which is ideal for growing wine grapes, apples, cherries, and other fruits.
- The Mount Barker Summit, which is located about 8 km southeast of the town center, offers panoramic views of the Adelaide Plains, Gulf St Vincent, and the Mount Lofty Ranges.
- The region has a rich history of agriculture and forestry, with many farms and timber mills operating in the early days of settlement.
- Mount Barker is home to several wineries and breweries, including Ngeringa Vineyards, Prancing Pony Brewery, and The Lane Vineyard.
- There are many walking trails and parks in Mount Barker, including the Laratinga Wetlands, which features a lake, bird hides, and picnic areas.
- The town hosts several annual events, such as the Mount Barker Agricultural Show and the Mount Barker Christmas Pageant.
- Mount Barker has a population of around 14,000 people and is one of the fastest-growing regional towns in South Australia.